Friday, September 5, 2008

Arrivo in Italia


Welcome to clares blog
This is what I will be using to update everyone on what I'm up to in my Italian adventures.
For those of you that don't already know I will be a Rotary exchange student for roughly 10-11 months in Milano Italia!! Since I graduated from high school last june I guess this is what you would call a "gap year" or an extra year squeezed in between high school and college.
Anyway, I arrived yesterday and after a short amount of confusion because of the language barrier I managed to go through customs find my bags and eventually find my host parents.
About an hour later I arrived at the house where I would be staying. I attempted to start unpacking my two huge suitcases but then my body quickly realized that it was 9 AM Italy time but twas 4 AM AMERICAN TIME!!.. After about a 3 hour nap my batteries were all recharged and I was able to take on la dolce vita full force.My host family here is very very nice and although we have a slight language barrier we somehow manage to communicate almost flawlessly with the help of my best friend il mio diccionario. They love listening to the radio and they even have it on during dinner. Speaking of dolces(or sweets) they have these amazing little cookies called duplo here,that almost entirely made out of nutella!! My stomach is in heaaven here and I never can seem to walk out of the kitchen without a smile on my face.. Thats all the time I have for now I'll write more later : )

No comments: