Sunday, September 14, 2008

week one

This has been quite a first week here. I'm sorry that I haven't posted sooner but you must understand that the days here are just packed. Because I start Italian high school tomorrow things are bound to get even nuttier,please understand that that is how I like it : )

So I've officially been living here a week now and so far I've loved every minute of it. My school doesn't start until tomorrow or sept 15. My host sister has kept me busy with a personal tour of her beautiful city. Although everyday was different, the morning usually went the same way every day. We would wake up around 9 or 10 depending on how long we stayed up the previous night. We would wake up, eat breakfast,and venture out the door into Milano.
I guess you could say Milan is a lot like Manhattan, except I think it's better. The architecture is nicer,the people are friendlier(although everyone smokes : / ),and its much cleaner. My first day here we took the tram which I don't have a picture of it yet ,but just visualize it for now. Its brown and wooden and very much a european version of the San Francisco trolleys. We got off and walked about a block from the tram stop and arrived at the famous Piazza dell Duomo. In it you can find the wonderful Duomo cathedral and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. We also saw Castello Sforzesco which is this huuuge castle that I will load pics of later. It was built around the 14th century but it looks pretty good for its age . Around this time our feet were getting quite tired so we decided to find our way on home.
The next day we walked around a lovely little park about 3 blocks from our house and spent most of the morning walking around there. Italians love walking around which I guess is how they stay so slim and trim after consuming just about their weight in pasta and gelato.
The rest of the week we either spent the morning lying about in the house and then going out into the world or the other way around.
This morning we went to this really cool mall. Everything was outdoors which would have been lovely if only it hadn't been raining. But I still liked it. I got all my school things and hopefully am all ready to embark on another adventure within an adventure.

No comments: